Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hidden Meadow Ranch

Well back on May 9th I entered an essay contest that was put on by Hidden Meadow Ranch. An amazing luxury guest ranch in the white mountains of AZ. I have been wanting to take James there since before we where married. The topic given for the essay was "Why do you feel you deserve a vacation at Hidden Meadow Ranch?" Here is my submission.....

My Name is Brittnee and my Husband is James. We have a 2 year old daughter named Brynlee. James is a Police Officer in the NM National Guard and the head of shipping and receiving at a local hospital. James and I have been married for 3 1/2 years. James and I met on-line and after 2 years of chatting we met face to face on April 18, 2008 and knew we where meant to be together. I met his family over mother's day, he met mine over the 4th of July and we moved in together in August. We planned to marry in May of 2009 but found out we where pregnant in September. We found out a week later that James would be deploying in May of 2009. We married on December 15, 2009 in a small ceremony including only his parents and the woman preforming the ceremony. It was spur of the moment and not every one we wanted to be there could. There was no time or money for a honeymoon. James Started Training in January of 2009 and in May they left to train in GA. James was able to come home for 11 days when our Daughter was born but then shipped out to Iraq. He returned home in April of 2010. Since he came home and went back to his civilian job times have been tough and we have been unable to take a honeymoon or a family vacation, that's why I feel we deserve this trip.


I have thought about it on and off over the past few months but had nearly forgotten about it till yesterday when they posted this:

"Hi Everyone,
Thank you for all the great contest entries. Because of the huge volume of entries we recieved we are still going through them and will announce the winner tomorrow. Stay Tuned."

I thought awesome and didn't think about it again till today when I was going through people's status updates on Facebook and saw THIS:

"Hidden Meadow Ranch would like to thank everyone for your wonderful entries for our 10th Anniversary getaway contest. Your entries made us laugh and cry and made it hard to pick just one. But with no further delay we are proud to announce --- Brittnee Bowdoin and her husband an Iraq veteran will join us for wonderful weekend of their choice. Stay tuned. We'll have many more contests and we hope that you all will be able to join us someday. Thanks and see you at the Ranch!"

At first all I saw was the name Brittnee so I told myself "No WAY!" and started at the top. After reading it through about 5 times I called my mom and told her, she was very happy too! Than I called James in the hopes he wouldn't be busy, he wasn't and I got to tell him the good news.

So what exactly did we win? One advertisement gave this discription:

The Rancher’s Package, which is valued at $2,400 for four people, will include a two-night stay, 3 gourmet meals a day for each guest and endless ranch activities including fly-fishing, horseback riding, archery, hiking, leatherworking, woodworking and more. This offer is valid through December 2012, excluding holidays and July 15th – Aug.15th.
 
James and I are very excited about this opportunity for some quality time together. Brynlee will also more than likely be getting some quality time with her Yaya and Papa, though a big part of me feels they deserve this more than me. We will let you know how it all goes after we decide when to go and have taken our big trip!

0 comments: