Friday, July 13, 2012

Update

Well here we are 2 weeks into July, Half way through my first class and just before James leaves for Annual Training.

First School is going Great! Monday I had my first test and got 100%, so far my grade is 104% (because of an extra credit assignment.), We have gone over test taking skills, note taking skills, Word, and Power point, time management, and so much more. Having one class a month means a lot of info is thrown at you and fast. I have another test on Monday and we get our ipads on Monday too! Kind of excited about that!
It's kind of hard to believe that 2 short weeks from now when my husband returns from AT I will have finished this class and be starting my next. It is also unbelievable to me that in 5 1/2 months it will be January 2013 and I will be able to say "I graduate from college with my associates next year!" The time is going to pass so very quickly, it already is, it feels like just 2 weeks ago the kids got out of school and people are already talking about them starting again!

Next Brynlee and I have been up to a lot lately besides school. We have been making granola bars and going for walks and we all went to a family birthday party last Sunday after Daddy got home from Drill. We have gone visiting teaching together, and we even have been working on her numbers and letters.

Tomorrow is my 26th birthday. James leaves for AT tomorrow, for 2 weeks.

Sunday will be my birthday with James' family, Monday is school and I get my ipad... which reminds me of a funny story... in June James was sitting in church with me and Brynlee and his kindle was next to him, Brynlee made a break for the end of the pew and out into the isle and James leaned over to grab her and his leg rolled over his kindle and case and broke the screen. We contacted Amazon and they replaced it free of charge, well in the beginning of July he dropped the new one in the tub! This time Amazon could not provide a free replacement and turns out they shouldn't have the first time! I did however find out how to re register my kindle as his and when I get my ipad on Monday I will download the free kindle App so I can use it and James can have my old kindle, which still works like new! any way so yeah lots of fun stuff going on!

Yesterday James was traveling and taking a class for the military and was gone from 6:30am to 9pm. Brynlee and I had a very busy day between school/mamaw's house, a nap (for Brynlee), dinner, and visiting teaching. Brynlee and I got home about 8:30pm and I immediately tried to put her to bed. James came home at 9:30pm and Brynlee still would not go to sleep. She put up a fight till 11 and by that time both James and I where exhausted we tried everything to get her to just lay still and go to sleep. She would get so close and then sit up to wake herself up or fidget constantly to keep herself awake.
This morning James got up at 6 to go to work and Brynlee woke up just moments later. I didn't hear the whole conversation when James went in to give her a hug and put her back to bed but I imagine it went something like this...
James "Give me a big hug and a kiss so Daddy can go to work"
Brynlee gives daddy big hugs and kisses and says "I love you Daddy"
James "I love you too Brynlee, It's still sleepy time so go back to sleep." Another kiss and layes her down. and starts to pull away.
Brynlee "But Daddy how can I love you if your not here?"
I have no idea how the rest of the conversation went but James came in and told me about the line in purple and finished getting ready to leave. I know that question just broke his heart knowing that he was gone yesterday and will be again for the next 2 weeks. Here I sit now at 10:40am and Brynlee never went back to sleep no matter how I tried so we'll see if she takes a nap later on today. I really hope she does and if not I really hope she goes down to bed easy tonight and sleeps for a very long time!
Well that's us lately lol hope you enjoyed.

0 comments: